2019 MSHYB SUMMER TRAVEL BASEBALL COMMITMENT: 7U-13U
Summer travel baseball is for serious players who desire a higher level of baseball competition. To be eligible, players must participate in the regular MSHYB spring baseball season (Youth League).
TEAMS & TRYOUTS:
• There will be two types of teams again this year at each age group:
o District Teams: require a 100% player/family commitment. Teams compete in the Cal Ripken District/State/Regional Tournaments in addition to other select tournaments statewide.
o League Teams: compete in local leagues, require slightly less commitment than District Teams and can also play in tournaments.
• District Teams are expected to be formed at the following ages: 7U, 8U, 9U, 10U, 11U, 12U 13U.
• League Teams will be formed at the same age groups assuming player interest and parent-coach availability.
• Team placement will be determined by the MSHYB Travel Committee with consultation from the coaches and evaluators.
• Baseball age is a player's age as of April 30, 2019. In addition,
• Tryouts for 7U-13U will be held in late March and early April. Please watch website and email blasts for details.
• Players must REGISTER ONLINE IN ADVANCE for the summer program tryouts.
DISTRICT TEAM COMMITMENT:
Once a player is chosen for the District Team, the family agrees to abide by the following commitments to the league and to the program:
1. The player must be available for all scheduled games and practices starting in April and running through end of July.
2. After school is closed, players must be available EVERY DAY for practices and/or games. The schedule will fluctuate. (Generally, weekday practice and games will not begin before late afternoon due to coaches' work schedules.)
3. Players are expected to travel to all scheduled games regardless of location, including possible overnight travel for State/Regional playoffs and Tournaments if warranted.
4. Players may NOT go on vacation at any time during the summer baseball season. Violators will be subject to possible suspension for the remaining part of the summer season and possible suspension for the next summer season. If a Player has a known conflict, it must be discussed during tryouts.
5. If Millburn is hosts a tournament, families will be asked to volunteer for tournament hosting, snack bar duty, and field preparation work, scorekeeping and other tournament related functions, as needed during the summer season.
LEAGUE TEAM COMMITMENT:
The League Teams are typically more relaxed, and features a larger roster so that players have some flexibility with regard to vacation and other commitments. This will be elaborated by the League Team Director at the first League Team tryout.
1. A player may withdraw from program consideration within 24 hours of the final tryout session.
2. After that time, all players are considered to be committed to the program.
3. If a player withdraws after he/she is named to a team, that player may become ineligible to try out for the summer program the following year.
4. If a player does not fulfill his/her commitment as described above, that player will be dropped from the team and will become ineligible to try out for the summer program the following year.
The 9U-13U District Team participants will be selected by early April. 7U and 8U decisions will be made later in the month of April. League team rosters may not be finalized until later in the month.
FEES & UNIFORMS
• The fee to participate in the 2019 MSHYB summer program is typically $500-$800. (Confidential financial assistance is available; please reach out to us via email.)
• This fee includes a basic uniform package: practice t-shirt, game jersey, hat, pants & belt. All items must be fitted and ordered at Uniform Day, which will be held at Gero Clubhouse. Additional, optional items can be ordered at the family's expense at that time. Uniform Day details and hours to be posted on website and communicated via email.
• Overnight travel (if warranted) will be at each family's own expense.
Contact the MSHYB Summer Program committee via: firstname.lastname@example.org